How to Create an Effective Logo Design?
A logo is the identity of a company. It inspires trust, loyalty, reliability and superiority. The primary objective of a logo is to communicate the company’s intended message. For this reason, it should be unique, appropriate, realistic and explicit in form. Moreover, it should be effective in any size and color. A logo is said to be great when it successfully executes a remarkable concept.
Before you set out to design a logo, it is essential to note down your ideas, thoughts and requirements. Thereafter, on the basis of the type of the industry your company belongs to, and its history, objectives, and competitors, conduct a study to ascertain the latest trends and styles of logos. This extensive thought-process will help you conceptualize the logo design.
A good logo is simple, versatile, appropriate, memorable and timeless. Simplicity makes the design easily recognizable and memorable. For instance, the logos of the companies like Nike, McDonald or IBM. They are simple, yet distinct and unforgettable. Versatility, on the other hand, ensures that the logo works well across a wide variety of media and applications, irrespective of its size or color. Finally, the logo design should be appropriate. For example, in a logo for a law firm, child-like fonts and color scheme won’t work. When all these features are present in a logo, it automatically becomes timeless.
Here are a few more things that you should keep in mind while designing the logo of your company.
- It’s good to be aware to the current trends. However, be very careful while implementing them in the design of your logo. Trends are usually ephemeral, but your logo has to be timeless. So, take adequate care.
- While designing your logo, avoid using raster graphics software. It is unusually difficult to edit and scale raster graphics.
- Do not use stock vector graphics because your logo would neither be unique nor be original. Stock vector graphics typically consist of familiar images like silhouettes and globes. Hence, the probability of duplication is quite high.
- Avoid creating a complex logo design because the more features a logo has the more information the viewer would have to process. As the result, the logo would no longer remain memorable.
- Countless colors and fonts tend to ruin the design of the logo. Too many colors increase the printing costs, while innumerable fonts make the logo hard to recognize and memorize. The black and white image of the logo should look as good as the colored image. Furthermore, don’t use more than two fonts in your logo.
- Last, but not the least, do not copy. A logo represents a company, and every company is distinct. By copying logo design, you steal away that uniqueness.
Top 6 Ways To Create The Professional Logo For Your Business
Many amateur logo designers jump directly on their computer screens and start designing a logo by using filters and special effects. Though it is a useful step, but they are supposed to make it an ideal one. Therefore, they are better suggested to take a paper and a pencil and shed their natural creativity on it in the absence of a computer software. They should keep doing it until they find the best according to the organization (simple, colorful or complex).
Make use of vector graphics:
Logo is a visual representation of a company, which needs to be promoted through different mediums of communication. Therefore, it is advised to make use of vector graphic as it stops images from distorting (one can use logo on newspapers, business cards, etc). The image will remain sharp on all modes of communications.
Color schemes for embellishing a logo:
The selection of colors depends on the choice of a business person as well as the type of business you are creating logo for. For instance, bright orange or shiny golden colors will not be at all appropriate for a bank. In the same way, dull colors are not going to work for an entertainment company.
Creating black & white version:
You use colors to provide life to your logo, but imagine that how will it appear after getting photocopied or faxed. Therefore, you should prepare a separate version of your logo that is completely white and black and is ready for anything.
Polishing the typography:
It is quite essential to use an effective typography as many beginners make this mistake to use the old fonts for a logo. They need to remain careful while selecting fonts, styles and even the case including lowercase, uppercase or mixed. Mixed cases offer a dramatic impact on a logo. Therefore, use such a typography that if you need to send a vector file to other person, then he does not have to install the particular font on his system.
Choosing an appropriate media:
You are supposed to take care of your target medium. For instance, you want to exhibit your logo only a site, then you can decorate it with multiple special effects, fades and colors. On the other than, if you want to display it on all media, then you have to think regarding it.
Thus, one can design a professional logo design for his business by following these simple steps.